Corbin is growing by leaps and bounds. Every single day it's something new :)
Corbin learns a new song at "school" every week. His teacher, Miss Donna, tells James and I that he catches on super quick to the songs. She can't believe how quickly he gets them. And he sings everything. He makes up songs often and sings all the little songs he knows all the time.
Corbin can write some of his letters. A couple weeks ago, he called me into his room, yelling :I wrote an 'A'!!" I had no idea he could write any letters, so I was very surprised to see a nice looking "A" on his dry erase board. He wrote some of the letters on my "Happy Mother's Day" card. Daddy helped with the rest :)
Corbin can count to 15 in Spanish. In English, he can count to 30. Well, he can kind of count to 30. He says "twenty-eight. Twenty-nine. Twenty-ten" It's so cute that I don't even want to correct him!
Lately, Corbin has two questions he asks me every day. The first in the mornings when he asks me "Mom...are you sick today?" Yes - even three year olds are aware of morning sickness. I always tell him "mama doesn't feel good, but she's ok" He says "ok" and goes on about his business.
The second question he asks in the evenings. He lifts up my shirt, pokes my belly, and asks if the baby has come out yet. Three year olds have no concept of time. He has no idea what it means when we tell him the baby won't be here until Christmas time.
Corbin can also put on all of his own clothes and his shoes. He likes to pick his own clothes out and asks us "Am I handsome?" Of course he's always handsome :)
Corbin has a crazy imagination. He plays with his Thomas trains and his cars and acts out some great stories. It's such a joy to listen to him play.
Corbin's latest skill is swimming. He can swim underwater a short distance - with no life jacket! It's pretty impressive!
All in all - Corbin is pretty much the coolest three year old I know. We are SO blessed to be his parents :)
Corbin learns a new song at "school" every week. His teacher, Miss Donna, tells James and I that he catches on super quick to the songs. She can't believe how quickly he gets them. And he sings everything. He makes up songs often and sings all the little songs he knows all the time.
Corbin can write some of his letters. A couple weeks ago, he called me into his room, yelling :I wrote an 'A'!!" I had no idea he could write any letters, so I was very surprised to see a nice looking "A" on his dry erase board. He wrote some of the letters on my "Happy Mother's Day" card. Daddy helped with the rest :)
Corbin can count to 15 in Spanish. In English, he can count to 30. Well, he can kind of count to 30. He says "twenty-eight. Twenty-nine. Twenty-ten" It's so cute that I don't even want to correct him!
Lately, Corbin has two questions he asks me every day. The first in the mornings when he asks me "Mom...are you sick today?" Yes - even three year olds are aware of morning sickness. I always tell him "mama doesn't feel good, but she's ok" He says "ok" and goes on about his business.
The second question he asks in the evenings. He lifts up my shirt, pokes my belly, and asks if the baby has come out yet. Three year olds have no concept of time. He has no idea what it means when we tell him the baby won't be here until Christmas time.
Corbin can also put on all of his own clothes and his shoes. He likes to pick his own clothes out and asks us "Am I handsome?" Of course he's always handsome :)
Corbin has a crazy imagination. He plays with his Thomas trains and his cars and acts out some great stories. It's such a joy to listen to him play.
Corbin's latest skill is swimming. He can swim underwater a short distance - with no life jacket! It's pretty impressive!
All in all - Corbin is pretty much the coolest three year old I know. We are SO blessed to be his parents :)
No comments:
Post a Comment